Thursday, December 30, 2010

tuhtoo?

YAY!
I've had this new tattoo planed for some time, as most people know. I finally drew out a simple sketch of what i had pictured.




I finally decided I just needed to get it done! Not that I actually have the money...Anywho - I was referred by a pal Kristen to a FABULOUS artist, Jesse, who works at Underground Tattoo. (if anyone is craving ink, i strongly suggest him.) And he turned my simple sketch into perfection that i would never have been able to imagine. Im thoroughly in love with it, so far. Its hardly half done, but I can already see exactly where its going, and I know i will just adore the end product. Here are a few pictures for those of you interested in how its coming along:


This is the main piece. It's going to be a tree that fades from being fully alive & green - to a dead crackly tree - into birds. I got the birds worked on yesterday. Coming along nicely eh?





ALMOST BOOB SHOT! :) Then, as you can see, the birds fly through my delicious arm pit (i did apologize to jesse for having to be so close to such a smelly part - his face was right up in there!) and onto my shoulder. The end.







P.S. Yes, it hurt like an insane crazy ass bitch.

3 comments:

  1. looks awesome! i wish i were brave enough for such a thing. someday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is amazing. I just stumbled across your blog. I really appreciate your last post. Some good thoughts to consider. Thanks. And really your tattoo is beautiful. I would love to photograph it sometime if you are up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw! thanks lucy! you're too nice! i've just been thinking too much lately. its nice to have a blog - someone to rant to, if you will. :) i'd also be SO totally honored if you wanted to photograph my tat. its not finished yet, but when it is, i'd love for you to! :) you living in salt lake? <3

    ReplyDelete