Thursday, April 21, 2011

recent travels

I'm terrible at keeping my blog up to date.
It's ok. I'm forgiven.

In march, I had quite the lucky-travel month.
I got to return to london, UK (my #1 favorite place on this planet)
and I also spent a small amount of time in dublin.

My long, lost pen pal (Alice) was kind enough to let me stay with her in England.
She lives in a lovely little town by the name of Brighton.
Its a bit south of London, and seaside. My god, the place was beautiful.
I am indebted to her for life.
There is absolutely no better way to immerse yourself in the lovely English culture,
than to live a week with some amazing, welcoming Brits.

Alice and her roommates were way more kind than I could have ever asked for.
She lives in her lovely flat with her man, Dave & another couple named Beth & Jamie.
They were all ridiculously fun people, we had a blast while they showed me their side of Brighton.

I stayed with them for about 7 days. They didn't miss one morning of waking me up with the smell of coffee & eggs on toast. Coolest folks EVER.

I'll just share a few photos:


alice and i







alice & david








jamie, beth & i



After 7 days of that, i moved onto Dublin, Ireland. 
I only spent two days in Dublin, and my transportation was reduced to my longboard.
So, I skated in a corner of Dublin for two days. It was beautiful and green.
Someday I would like to visit northern Ireland, I was convinced by the Irish.

I have a few pictures from there too:










a lovely tea shop


i stayed on jean-pierre's couch. he was cool.


That is an awful quick summary of my March travels.
I'm sure if you're reading this, I've told you much about it anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment